Friday 31 August 2012

Episode One- French in dangerous situations GCSE

One of the many things that happened while I was on holiday was I recieved my GCSE results. I phoned my nan from a quaint little caf by the sea, and dispatched her to get my letter from home that my friend Bex handed into school for me, and read them over the phone for £1 per minute (or something else not quite as ridiculous). Anyhoo, I did okay, but i got an A* in my French! This is relevant later on...

The next day at the beach, some French kids were on a very slippy jetty fishing. One of them slipped and cracked his head open and bit his tongue and there was blood everywhere and they were shouting and their mum came running... it was all very hectic.

As Mrs French Lady ran past, I grabbed a packet of tissues to hold on the boys head to stop the bleeding. I should probably say I am well trained in these situations. My idiot of a brother has managed to crack his head open the grand total of seven times. So, I ran up to her with the tissues and said the famous words- 'Madam, excusez-moi, excusez-moi! Les kleenex pour ton filles' in very badly conjugated French.

At dinner, we were telling my brother about this, because he hadn't been there at the time. My dad then said, 'Ah yes, I am now proud to say that my daughter has gained an extra GCSE- French in dangerous situations'. It may seem random, but it was funny at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment