Monday 2 July 2012

This was the best weekend evaaaaaarrr

So, as you can guess from the title, I had a pretty awesome weekend. It all kicked off with planning our Sherlock Holmes themed weekend, which we did on Friday night (us explorers are amazing at planning ahead...). It resulted in the usual madness, where I got a football to the face (Thanks for that, Becky) and forgot Pip was there (Sorry, love you really Pip!).

The next day the fun commenced. Or something. We started with a waterfight, where I got soaked and managed to avoid being thrown into paddling pools by mad gingers this year! On a worse note, MaTt accidentally hit me round the face with his water pistol, in exactly the same spot the football hit the night before, so now I have a bit of a black eye coming on. Yaaayyy. I hadn't been planning on wearing shoes for this, but I did, and they got soaked, and the only spare pair I had were my high heels, which didn't go down too well because I had done my ankle in already. But then Josh arrived! We had lost our Sherlock (Pip) to illness, so it was good to finally have someone for Irene Adler (my beautiful self) to spend the night with... not in the way you are thinking, it was completely innocent, I promise you. He did spend a large proportion of the time from 3:45-4:00 am sitting on my feet, though.

We played Cluedo, and lifesize cluedo, and had a mystery guest called Richard (who didn't have curtain pulley hats) come too. This was to add to the whole 'Sherlock Holmes' idea of the night. Richard is going to be involved in chauffeuring and 'minding' foreign dignitaries during the Olympics, which is very awesome. For Cluedo, we all had characters to be (Liz- Madame Noir, Me-Irene Adler, Jess- Miss Scarlett, Jack- Professor Plum, MaTt- Reverend Green, Sammi- Dr Watson, Josh- Sherlock(which would have been Pip) Emma- Colonel Mustard, Becky- Mrs White, Phoebe- Mrs Peacock), and this involved wearing pretty dresses, suits, colours etc.. Sammi managed to turn Dr Watson into a 1920s gangster, and Liz was a Russion prostitute, or an Italian celebrity, same thing really.

The film was...filmish. I ate too many party rings, and spent the whole time lying on Liz (sorry about that, m'dear). Then bed, at 3:00 am, except it really wasn't. There was much bundling and talking and jumping and pillow stealing, which I had too watch because I was feeling ill from the party rings. Liz and Jess somehow managed to play pictionary in the pitch black, and we all found out that Josh snores like a warthog.

After an eventful and tiring Saturday, Jess and I then went to Leavesden Studios. I am a Potterhead and proud, and I don't think anything gets closer to heaven than being there. I took a photo of practically everything, and I have stood in the same spot many of the actors from the Harry Potter films did!!! I even have a photo of Ron's bed saved on my iPod...

Anyhoo, I got to try Butterbeer, which was very sweet, and I had one complaint- it was COLD. It's meant to be warm. But that hardly matters, because after drinkning the Butterbeer we moved on to see all the concept art which was truly beautiful, and there was one of the scale models of Hogwarts all set up... I really don't think I could have been happier, I was listening to TOM FELTON on an audio tour where Harry Potter was filmed with my best friend. I even bought Narcissa's wand, to look beautiful next to my Hermione one, and the one I made myself (shush, I know I'm sad).

Universe, I dare you to give me a better weekend by the end of the year. I bet you all my money that this will be it, apart from maybe Christmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed that things can get even better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment