Sunday 15 July 2012

Sailing

Hey guys, if anyone bothers to read. I just got back from probably the most exhausting weekend of my life!

Basically, I have spent the week at a sailing regatta. So that means about 6-7 hours sailing a day, while sleeping in a tent (not recommended) and being up at 6am every morning. Trust me, it's tiring. At least I got a week off school.

I really love sailing, so that was good. Plus, it was the first time I had been on the sea. Very salty. Lots of salty seaspray in your mouth. Not nice. I was helming, so that meant Phoebe was sitting in front of me, so she took most of the spray (mwahahahaha). I still did get relatively drenched.

On the first night, we all established that the dinners were crap. I don't think I have eaten food so bad my entire life. We all ate what we could at dinner and left the inedible stuff, and backed it up with pancakes, chinese or McDonald's after so that we got enough sustenance. Emma also took us to the cinema, and we saw Spiderman, second time for me, and Andrew Garfield was still hothothot. Mmmmm Andrew Garfield... I'm getting distracted. Anyway!

I don't like being tired. I worked this out while we were there, because it makes people get on my nerves a Hell of a lot quicker than ordinarily. I should probably apologize to people for being a bit short with them, but hey, life's too short.

One of the guys from somewhere else in Hertfordshire, called Felix, looked like Melman from Madagascar, so we called him Mel. It was better than Jemima's nickname for him: Feels. Also, Allen, the guy with a cool lip piercing, taught me how to juggle(ish). I can now not kill people whileattempting it! It was actually quite fun being there, people all crowded into one of the tents and we played poker, using cut-up plastic bag for chips which ended up literally everywhere, and Jemima and James should so go out!

In the end, Joe, one of the guys in our group, won two trophey's and came first overall in his fleet! Me and Phoebe came 19th out of 40 odd, which is mid-fleet and quite good considering I had never been on the sea before, Phoebe helmed one race, we only have a training sail and I got distracted singing Pirates of the Caribbean and lost track of the course one time. Next year it's in Cumbria and I can't wait, despite the crippling exhaustion I have been left with.

Also, me and Pheebs met Henry! Henry was from Plymouth and had never heard of Hertforshire. He was cute, and for some reason I went all posh talking to him. Basically, I had a great week with Greg, Phoebe, Rachel, Dom, Emma, Joe, Jemima, Elliott, Lee, James and Debbie. Yay for sailingness!

1 comment: