Saturday 1 September 2012

Episode Four- Fainting/Fun Sea Times

I'm going to carry on with holiday stuff. This will probably be the last entry, but I might remember something else about it.

So, on the second day, I almost fainted! It's not quite as tragic as it sounds. It was very hot and my body wasn't quite used to it, and also I hadn't really drank much. I basically lilve off tea, but it was the grimmest tea in the world so I had had like one glass of water all day and was seriously dehydrated. At about 5, my Dad announced he was going up to the room so I went with him. I didn't really notice that I was being a bit lightheaded (and Emma, that's not because there isn't anything in my head. Before you say anything.)but then we got into this lift that went from the beach to the hotel carpark. It didn't help that this lift was about 45 degrees celsius, plus I hate lifts and had a mini panick attack. By the time the lift stopped, it felt like someone had hit me round the head with a wooden mallet. I stumbled acros the car park, and then I went blind. Like, everything was fuzzy and spotty and spinny. So, as you do, I started trying to get clothes off me so i could jump in the pool. I was still half dresses when I plunged myself into the pool, and there was that scary moment when I couldn't swim and thought I was going to drown before everything cleared up again. Anyhoo, I swam a length or two and had like 5 cups of soda water and it was good. But trust me, it was scary as Hell while it lasted.

This leads me nicely onto the fun drowning! On the last three days or so, the wind picked up and there were WAVES. Like serious waves. Up until then the sea had been as still as a lake. We all went down to this beach a couple of bays along where it was all sandy, and it was AWESOME. It was like being in Norfolk on a stormy day except the sea was warm and the sky didn't have a cloud in it. The waves were easily six feet and they pushed you over, and dragged you under so easily. My brother had been on the rubber ring getting shoved around while I was just swmming, and then I got a go on the ring. A wave hit me in seconds and I got pushed through the hole in the ring (I didn't realise i was that small) But I got stuck under the ring that now had my brother on it and I couldn't breathe and I had swallowed so much water, but it was still fun because bubbles were everywhere and you could feel the waves. It was so odd! But yeah, fun times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment