Thursday 2 August 2012

Olympics!

London 2012 has all gone a bit over my head, really. We had ridiculous amounts of assemblies about it at school, and, when we broke up for summer, I was hugely relieved to escape it, but then I found that that was when it was starting, inducing groans of dismay from myself. At my sailing base, there is a huge plasma tv, so during lunch breaks we would sit and flick between sailing and canoeing/kayaking, which was about as into it as I got. Yesterday, Charlee came over while my family were watching it and screaming at the tv and the pair of us were a leeeetle creeped out.

BUT! It all changed today. Last night, at like midnight, my dad ran up the stairs and asked everyone if we wanted to see the White Water rafting. I was a bit like 'Meh, if i have to', so we went, wearing our Team GB tops, not even sure if we had anyone competing. Well, we did.

I saw GB win a Gold and Silver! It was quite cool, I got really into it, and then it reached the finals, and we still had two doubles left in out of only six pairs left, and everyone was so excited. (unfortunately, our womens single kayak got knocked out in the semi-finals) After three finalists had done their time trial, we knew we had bronze at least, and everyone went mad. People were even cheering when other nationalities messed up!

Anyway, I cried, because everyone cheered when slovakia did really badly and I felt so guilty. I spent most of the women's one writing in my notebook, but i still saw most of it, and everyone was so happy. It was a really great atmosphere. I almost hugged one of the army guys, because he had a help for heroes wristband on and I wanted to say well done and show appreciation, blahblahblah, but my mum told me it would be weird.

All in all, I've finally got the Olympic spirit and I am most deifinitely proud to be British!

No comments:

Post a Comment